Friday, April 19, 2013

Despite the world's naysayers, it is a source of joy and hope for me to be affiliated with 2 excellent institutions of higher education that are solidly rooted in Christian truths. Yesterday morning I walked through the urban campus of The Catholic University of America, where I teach as an adjunct professor in the School of Canon Law. This morning I walked through the rural campus of Messiah College, where I do some campus ministry and am a member of the President's Leadership Council. On both campuses I saw faith and optimism. In Washington one student stopped another within my earshot outside the student union, and asked if his friend would pray with him at that moment for a personal issue he was facing; the other said he was going to Mass later and would pray then as well. All over campus are signs of faith and spirituality. At Messiah college today students made it a point to smile and say hello as they walked by, and the motto "Christ Pre-Eminent" rings true in every conversation I have with students, faculty, and administrators. Oh, yes, there's a lot wrong with our world, but my oh my, there's a lot right with these two schools!

April 16, 2013
Msgr. William J. King

No comments:

Post a Comment