Tuesday, February 7, 2012

This afternoon I enjoyed seeing God's wondrous creation from about 3,500 feet on the sky. Taking off from the Carlisle airport I enjoyed a marvelous short flight up to Bloomsburg. Landing at the little Bloomsburg airport is technically challenging for a pilot in a small plane, since there is a small mountain with some radio towers along the standard traffic pattern for landing. So, you have to fly a few hundred feet higher than normal when preparing to land, then lose the extra altitude quickly on the base and final legs of the landing pattern. I prayed a bit harder than usual, and thought I might have to do a go-around and try again, but at the last minute it all worked and I made a great landing. Along the way I saw the beauty of God's creation. What a great day. Until the Patriots lost.
2/5/2012
Rev. Msgr. William J. King

No comments:

Post a Comment