Thursday, December 20, 2012

My plan has been not to start working on my Sunday homily until Saturday morning, if there is a Saturday morning. I'd hate to have wasted all that time this week if tomorrow does bring the end of the world.

When I was in grad school in Washington, I used to set my clock radio to an FM station featuring two goofy announcers in the morning. One morning the radio went on, and in that twilight moment between sleep and alertness I heard the announcer give the weather forecast: "Currently it is 43 degrees in our nation's capital, and clouds will gradually roll in during the morning. By Noon fiery asteroids will pelt the atmosphere, with cracks developing in the surface of the earth by mid-afternoon, bringing the end of life as we know it by the evening rush hour."

I wasn't sure if I should go to class that day or not.


December 20, 2012 

Msgr. William J. King

No comments:

Post a Comment